Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Golfer Goes Global

Hi,

My name is Emma Herzog and I am from Katy, Texas. This year I am a junior at Trinity, studying Marketing, Management, and Geology.




This past semester I studied abroad in Vienna, Austria. I studied through a program called IES and focused my studies to Business, Music, and German. While I was in Vienna I had the opportunity to travel Italy, Paris, Slovakia, Hungary, and Thailand. One of the highlights of the semester was being able to ski the Alps during the Thanksgiving holiday.


While I was in Vienna, I also had the opportunity to intern at a local consulting company called “Schwarzconsult”. The internship gave me the unique opportunity to actually experience the difference between European business and American business, plus it enabled me to practice my German. Studying in Vienna was a great experience- I learned a lot, got to experience a new culture, and had many opportunities to travel to surrounding countries!